Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Burton Marching Band - How'd they do in competitions this fall?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton Marching Band - How'd they do in competitions this fal

    It's always noisy, with every group of fans. But I'll be sure to let Lee High know about this complaint too like the announcer and the clapping....

    Hey, maybe next Abingdon and Lee will also bring smaller bands next time so it won't be so hard to compete against [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

    Seriously though, it is indeed hard to hear when everyone around you is talking during the show but it's the same with everyone, you're more interested in your own band and sometimes you don't realize how loud you are being with everyone else talking too.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jonie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2007
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton Marching Band - How'd they do in competitions this fall?

    I had a parents from a different schools all around me and most were respectful. But there was 1 lady who was from a school not mentioned and she talked through every performance about how bad every band was. But ,of course, her band was all but perfect. Some people around me actually moved away she was so rude. I generally try to keep my comments to myself, unless I am applauding something a band did. Of course they all want to hear that [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

    We need to remember, as awesome as our bands and their bands are, they are still kids and need our support!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member orangeblackcrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton Marching Band - How'd they do in competitions this fall?

    Burton Band is awesome!!! They did really good for their Class.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member kath200's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2007
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton Marching Band - How'd they do in competitions this fall?

    Spouse considers self a country person. The person had the radio on during the first part of each band's performance.....except Norton. I live in Norton. I purchase many items from the kids in the Burton band and will continue to do so. However, I'm not the only person who has noticed the Norton parents act rude.

    I don't mind talking and socializing at band festivals, but there is a time to just shut up and show respect for the kids. That's not too much to ask.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •